Click here for Christian Initiation for Adults.
What is Family of Faith?
- Family of Faith is a systematic Religious Education program that embraces the faith formation needs of the the entire family. Parents are the first and most influential teachers for children. Family of Faith embraces and builds upon the fact that the family dynamic is the strongest influence a child will have in their Religious Education by giving them the tools they need to truly live as a Family of Faith both at home, within the parish community, and throughout the worldwide community.
- Students and parents attend faith formation classes together twice a month. Children will attend with a minimum of one adult (parent, grandparent, aunt, uncle, older adult sibling, godparent, etc….). Both parents and other family members are encouraged to attend, but only one adult is required.
- Families will have an option of which day of the week they attend their classes. See the schedule below for days & times. Families choose which day works best for the family upon registration; they attend on those days.
- One session per month is one hour and fifteen minutes. The second session is two and a half hours and involves a community meal. Families attend both sessions.
- Families are instructed and given religious education in a whole group setting and in break-out sessions that put children into age appropriate groups when necessary. Catechists facilitate the religious education sessions but parents help their children (and other families) with the activities.
- Click here to read more about our frequently asked questions on the Family of Faith FAQ’s
How does Family of Faith work for First Communion children?
- Children preparing for First Communion attend the Family of Faith sessions with their parents twice a month. Additionally, one Sunday a month is dedicated to First Communion prep for students only.
- There are two special retreats for First Communion children that are two hours each. One is in the fall to prepare for First Reconciliation and one is in the spring to prepare for First Communion.
How does Family of Faith work for Confirmation children?
- Children typically begin their Religious Education to prepare for Confirmation in the 9th grade. It is a two year preparation.
- Students in 9th grade attend the Family of Faith sessions with their parents twice a month. Additionally, one Thursday evening a month (6-8pm) is dedicated to 9th grade Confirmation prep for students only. 9th grade students also attend one retreat on December 3rd at Saints Peter & Paul Church from 3:45-8:15pm.
- 9th grade students will continue this model throughout 9th and 10th grade.
There will be an orientation for all incoming 9th grade families (parents and students) on Sunday, September 10th at 11:30am in the Family Center.
- Students in 10th grade (fall of 2017) attend a Family of Faith session with their parents once a month on week 2 of Family of Faith. Additionally, one Sunday afternoon (11:30am-1pm) a month is dedicated to 10th grade Confirmation prep for students only. 10th grade students attend one retreat in the spring.
Is there a Religious Education program for children in Kindergarten?
Kindergarten students can register for Family of Faith OR our Children of God Program that is held during the Liturgy of the Word, at the 10:30am Mass. Students should be brought to Room 6 of the Church Wing at 10:30am. They will be brought into meet you at Mass when it is time for the Liturgy of the Eucharist. The cost is $85 per child for the year. Click here for the Children of God Registration Form
What days & times is Family of Faith offered?
Please note that due to space limitations, each session will accommodate 40 students (with their parents). Once a session is full, it will be closed to future registrants. The sessions will be filled on a first come-first served basis. Register early to ensure you get the session you want! Once a session is filled, the session day will indicate “Registration Closed.”
- Week 1: 9-10:15am
- Week 2: 11:45am-2:15pm Lunch served
- Registration Open (FILLING QUICKLY)
- Week 1: 6:15-7:30pm
- Week 2: 5:30-8pm Dinner served
- Registration Open
- Week 1: 5:15-6:30pm
- Week 2: 5:15-7:45pm Dinner served
- Registration Open
- See the full calendar below for the dates:
Click here to download the Family of Faith Calendar
Click here to download the Communion and Confirmation Class Dates
You can also sync our Google Calendar with yours below:
What is the registration fee for Family of Faith?
- The cost for Family of Faith is $85 per child. This covers the cost of the materials you will need for the year.
What is the cost for the community meal? And what is on the menu?
- To cover the cost of the meal, we will have a collection at each dinner (or lunch). Each person who is eating is asked to contribute $5 per person. We will occasionally have “potluck” meals for which there will be no charge.
- The menu will be posted one month in advance here on the website.
- The month of September will be a potluck picnic. Each family will bring a dish to share.
The registration form for Family of Faith can be found by clicking the link: Family of Faith Registration Form
Jessica Mulligan, Director of Religious Education